Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"I Like Me"

Have you ever received one of those “surveys” that ask you about yourself: what’s your favorite food, what are you wearing at this moment, when was the last time you cried, etc. Some of the questions I have to think about because I don’t really know how to answer it- the answers are not always “cut and dry”. One question I always have trouble with is the one that asks: What do you dislike most about yourself?

That is a hard one. I really have to give some thought to it because, honestly, I like myself. I know that may sound conceded but it’s not meant to. When I say I like myself, I am not saying that I am perfect. I am not saying that I have an hour glass figure, I’m a perfect “10”, I don’t have any “character flaws”, I never say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing, or that I never mess up. I am a long way from being perfect- if you don’t believe me just ask my husband. Neither am I saying that there isn’t room for improvement in my life and that I don’t need to make some changes- physically and spiritually. I am well aware of my shortcomings.
What I am saying is that I like who I am because God likes who I am. He made me the way I am and He never makes “junk”. We are told in scripture to “love thy neighbor as thyself”. I am supposed to love myself. Not with a conceded, arrogant, prideful love, but confident in who made me and who lives within me and He is the perfect one. It is important that we find happiness with ourselves and have peace within our own skin. I didn’t make me, but God did and He designed me the way He wanted me to be, so I love what He loves… even if it is me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like you, too!
Lots to think about here!
Love that beautiful smile on your face!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I also love you just the way you are, Thank you for giving me something to think about.
Aunt Marjorie